Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Using a date stamp in a BIG way!

Challenge #2 over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog had us digging out those date stamps we have in our stash.  Whether it's one of the SMASH ones, an Amy Tan version or just one from an office supply store, they certainly can be used for more than documenting the date.

Challenge #2:  Use a date stamp in a fun and creative way!

Here's my take:

I stamped my date stamp and then enlarged it on the copier (by almost 400%) to make this super-sized banner noting the date of our special anniversary.



Distressed with some Tim Holtz distress ink (Old Paper) and curled with my pen gives the banner a little character.   Nestled in with some ribbons and there's an award-style ribbon to mark
 20 Blessed Years!  We earned it as marriage isn't always easy :)


And just to mimic the large ribbon, I stamped the stamp regular size, turning the wheel to show the different phrases.

So pleased to have this documented in such a timely manner!

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout and great use of those date stamps :)
    We are 20 this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the big tag and the pennant that is made from the little tags. Cute layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great page! I would love to lift this whole page....If only I had a photo that adorable!! Love it, Lynnette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout :) Such a great idea for use of the date stamp :) That is an interesting challenge this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet layout - love the little banners and that gold thread/twine wrapped away the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super-sized, baby! Really makes your award ribbon sing.
    Your page really celebrates a wonderful milestone with bursts of glitter & glam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever thing to do! Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to our 20 and hope that we will be as cute as you two when we do! This is a fantastically Lynnette page and very inspirational! of course I love all those sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's a fab take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you don't mind but I'm working on a layout now that may be lifting your large sized award ribbon piece. I have to see if it works the way that I think it might. If it's okay, I will link your page or include your image? Thanks!! Again, love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janine...that would be totally fine! I'm flattered that you were inspired. Go for it! Thanks!

      Delete
    2. It's up. Thank you! http://rachauscratchpad.blogspot.com/2015/03/we-are-family.html

      Delete